You do not need to be in receipt of benefits to qualify for free home insulation or heating in our priority areas.
The government’s Energy Company Obligation scheme helps to reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty.
A new part of the scheme called ‘flexible eligibility’ enables local authorities to set targets for energy suppliers to help fund the installation of energy-efficiency measures in qualifying households.
You can apply for support if you live in a property that is expensive to heat, or if you or somebody living with you are vulnerable to cold.
Qualifying criteria include:
- Someone in your home receives a qualifying benefit.
- Household is on a low income.
- Your property has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E,F or G, or provides a qualifying score through our assessment.
- You or somebody living in your property have a health condition that can be exacerbated by the cold.
- You or somebody living in your property are pregnant or have a child aged under 5 or somebody living in your property are aged over 65.
This is all part of the Governments Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme for free insulation and heating.
You could save £555* or more a year on energy bills just by bringing your insulation up to the level it should be and all FREE.
We have access to funding in the many areas across teh UK this grows on a weekly basis – please keep checking back as we add new areas all the time click the link for your area for more details: