Under new ECO3 funding which was introduced on 1st October 2018 you are eligible for funding if you, or someone in your household claims one of the following benefits regardless of where you live.
You do not need to be in receipt of benefits to qualify for free home insulation.
The government’s Energy Company Obligation scheme helps to reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty.
A new part of the scheme called ‘flexible eligibility’ enables local authorities to set targets for energy suppliers to help fund the installation of energy-efficiency measures in qualifying households.
You can apply for support if you live in a property that is expensive to heat, or if you or somebody living with you are vulnerable to cold.
Qualifying criteria include:
- Armed forces independence payment
- Attendance allowance
- Carer’s allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Disability living allowance
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Industrial injuries disablement allowance
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit Element
- Personal independence allowance
- Personal independence payment
- Severe disablement allowance
- Universal Credit
- War pensions mobility supplement
- Working tax credit
- Child benefit (depends on number of children and income)
Our priority flex areas have a different qualifying criteria and benefits are not a requirement, a brief outline is below but this does vary between areas. Click below to claim your grant and see if you qualify for free insulation or heating.
- Someone in your home receives a qualifying benefit
- Household is on a low income.
- Your property has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E,F or G, or provides a qualifying score through our assessment
- You or somebody living in your property have a health condition that can be exacerbated by the cold
- You or somebody living in your property are pregnant or have a child aged under 5 or somebody living in your property are aged over 65
- Check out our priority flex areas page
The ECO scheme is administered by the main energy suppliers to improve the energy efficiency of homes by installing insulation to domestic households in the UK. The energy suppliers are obligated to do this and are fined if they do not meet their obligations.
The criteria for this changes on a regular basis so complete the application form and we will keep your record on file and update you when the rules change if you don`t qualify at the moment
The only limitation is that you must own your home or rent it privately and have the landlord’s permission to undertake the work.(we can help with this)
Insulating an uninsulated home can save you £100`s of pounds each year off your fuel bills and make your home more comfortable all at no cost to you.
Do I need a survey ?
Yes we will need to carry out a survey at your home – this is free of charge and our highly qualified surveyors will discuss all of your requirements and options with you.
I rent my home – do I qualify ?
Yes as long as we can get your landlords permission – we can help with this, in general landlords are more than happy to have the work done as it improves their property at no cost to them.
Where does the money come from ?
All energy companies with a certain number of customers are obliged by the government to make homes more energy efficient by offering grants. It does not matter which energy company you are with we obtain the grant for you so there is nothing for you to do. Different Energy Companies have different requirements so we find the best one to meet your needs.
How long does it take ?
Initially we will contact you to talk through your requirements and arrange for a surveyor to visit you. This is usually within a week. At the time of the survey if everything is ok and you are happy we will book your installation which would usually be around two weeks ahead. We can usually meet any special requirements so just ask.
If you have any queries we haven`t answered please contact us